Thursday, December 16, 2010

20 dagar!



20 dagar och jag kommer att tala svenska varje dag! Jag kan inte vänta!
(20 days, and I will be speaking Swedish everyday; can't wait!)

Before I start, just a quick heads up to people who can only read english; once i'm in Sweden I will most likely be writing some posts in Swedish, but i'll be sure to translate it! :D

Anyway, i'm leaving really soon! It is coming up so fast and I am busy all the time which makes it seem faster. There are so many things to do before I leave it's ridiculous. Oh, another thing, MY VISA CAME TODAY! I was beside myself when my dad gave me the package. My visa was something I was really worried about. On the website, it says that on average it takes about 2-3 months for a visa to be processed and whatnot. I sent mine in LAST WEEK. Exactly a week ago I sent it to the embassy in Washington DC. We called and told the person on the phone that I was leaving very soon, and she said it wouldn't be a problem...sure enough, it wasn't! So, my plane ticket and visa are all ready to go. I still have to do alot more shopping, and i'm still waiting on my new credit card to come in the mail. I haven't started packing, but when I do it's going to be pretty tough, and I need to start soon! I have to make sure I don't go above like...50 pounds per bag, and that's going to be really difficult for me; I have soooo many clothes.

Another new topic; my host family! I am beyond excited to meet them. I have been in contact with them via email, facebook, etc.. they sound like the coolest family ever! I have two host brothers 17 and 19. One lives at home, while the other goes to college in France. They told me I will take the subway/train to my school everyday, which is going to be totally new/super confusing for me at first. Both of my host parents work, so during the day everyone is out of the house. My host mother is from Finland, and my host fathers parents are from Norway. They are hoping to take me to both places at some point, which is super exciting as well :D 20 more days and I finally get to meet them!

After the fun topic of my host family, I feel obligated to tell you about the less exciting topic, my current school :P. Things are VERY hectic there at the moment. Although i'm in usa for 20 more days, only 8 of those days are actual school days, since we have winter break starting next week. Also, I stayed home sick today, and I am staying home tomorrow also, so that gives me even less time to get everything done(such a pain!) At the moment i'm trying to find a time to take all of my midterms, so I can finish the semester off. I have to take a semester over next year of each class I have this year, since not all of my credits are transferring, and that is also a bit frustrating for me...but, who cares! Hard to imagine that the 5th of January is the last time i'll be seeing my school until next September.

Well, that's all I have for now :D
Kramar och Pussar- Brianna :D

No comments:

Post a Comment