Saturday, January 8, 2011

Finally in Sweden! :D

So, i'm finally here! crazy crazy crazy. Theres so much to say. My plane ride is the first thing. I flew with SAS, so basically everyone on the plane was swedish, therefore the attendants spoke swedish to me. It was actually really cool and i understood everything. Since i sat in the middle of the plane, i couldn't see out the window but they has this awesome thing on my personal tv where i could still see what was going on through the window. like a fake one on the seat xD The food on the plane was really good, and the plane was about 30 minutes early flying into Stockholm. Next, Arlanda airport. I flew to Sweden out of Newark, and if you've been there you're probably well aware of how loud it is. When i got to Arlanda, complete silence. Never heard a word out of anyone. It was alot easier to get my luggage because in Newark we have huge like....baggage claim things. they're elevated so you have to lift your luggage over the side. At Arlanda the luggage claim thing was flat, so you could easily lift your bags off. Thank god, because my suitcases were heavy! The airport was relatively small, so it was easy to find my host family. They're AWESOME. Per, Tarja, Matti and Jussi, I feel like part of the family already. When I got to the house, i ate, then unpacked my things. I hung out with Matti for a little while then i slept for a few hours. Surprisingly, i'm not jetlagged at all anymore. After I woke up we ate dinner than watched tv for a while. The food here is awesome, and my first meal i had swedish meatballs xD.

Today, Jussi and I went to the center of Stockholm for the day, we just got back! It was amazing. My host dad drove us in and from there we walked around. After a while it was time for fika! which is Swedish for coffee break. The subway was really easy to navigate, and I get along really well with everyone. It's not nearly as cold as I thought here. I went without gloves and only a light jacket and I was fine. The snow is melting for now which is kinda gross to walk in but oh well. Now i'm home watching tv with Jussi, in swedish of course! :D, although, we were watching 2 and a half men before :P. Another thing I LOVE, is finally having the extra letters ä,å, and ö, on my computer, makes it so much easier to type to other swedes ^^. Well, that's all for now really, i'll try to update again soon!, hejdå, och ha en bra dag!

Brianna

No comments:

Post a Comment