Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Friends, Cell phones, and Subways

Hallå! Jag älskar min svenska liv så mycket. Jag börjar skolan snart och jag kan inte vänta!

From now on the things I post will probably be relatively long since I don't know how much extra time i'm going to have. Let's start by saying, I took the subway alone today! Jussi and I went into town this morning to get me a phone, and I took Hagsätra, which is a line on the subway, to Stureby, my stop. From there I walked about 10 minutes or so to get home. Anyway, i did get a phone today :D it's nothing special really, but it was so much easier than activating an american phone. All you really have to do is buy the phone, get a sim card, and then buy minutes. The phones are alot more expensive here, so it was something completely new to me. So, now about the friends. I haven't started school yet, but I have SO many friends, some exchange students and many swedes :D I don't even know how. But thats not a bad thing! Everyone always talks about how shy swedes are and blahblahblah. I have had many people come up to me and start talking out of nowhere. So for me it seems to be the opposite of what everyone says. My friend Liz, who is from Alaska, introduced me to some more exchange students today. They were from places like France,Germany,Switzerland,Australia, Brazil, and a ton more places. We all got coffee and walked around. Tomorrow i'm going with my host parents to speak to the principal at my school. I officially start school next tuesday. I'm really excited but nervous as well. At the rate i'm going now however; it shouldn't be hard to make new friends! xD that's all for now I believe. I'll try to post something soon about how my school visit goes.

Vi ses!
Brianna

No comments:

Post a Comment